Water damage is progressive and quite pervasive which means that your valuables run the risk of being permanently damaged beyond repair. This is especially true is emergency response is delayed by 48 hours or more.
Most water damage is a result of a plumbing failure. When water seeps into your valuables there are some immediate actions that can be taken to reduce long-term damage:
- Remain calm and think clearly
- Call RestorePro
- Shut off the water main and any other water source so flooding stops
- Turn off the electrical breaker that provides power to the affected area before unplugging or removing any electrical devices from wet carpet or submerged areas
- Put aluminum foil under the feet of furniture in contact with wet carpet or water to prevent permanent staining
- Lift curtains or draperies from wet carpet or water
- Lift and tack up upholstered furniture skirts
- Remove books, paper, fabric, shoes, potted plants, and other items that can stain wet carpet
While there are many steps you can take immediately following a flood make sure that you also avoid doing the following:
- Using your home vacuum as it can cause an electrical shock and damage the equipment
- Placing newspaper in traffic areas to walk on as the ink can easily transfer to wet carpet which can cause permanent staining
- Walk on the carpet more than necessary as it can spread the damage to unaffected areas
If your home has suffered from water damage do not delay in calling in the professionals at RestorePro. Shop vacs and carpet cleaning companies can dry your floors, but they cannot prevent water from wicking up walls, under baseboards, or stop mold from growing in your drywall. If left too long water can penetrate floor coverings and subfloors which can cause damage to the rooms below.
Additionally, if the humidity inside is not controlled undamaged objects could be ruined as a result of the extra moisture in the air. If your home is not dried out quickly or properly mold will grow, causing more damage and the need for even further professional help.
RestorePro Water Mitigation Services
Our technicians are trained in the most up to date procedures such as rapid structural drying so we can dry your home as quickly as possible. Moisture meters prove to be an imperative tool for our technicians as they help them locate moisture that is invisible to the eyes or that is hiding behind walls or in cabinets. At RestorePro we guarantee the complete drying of your entire home and objects.
We have been helping homes suffering from water damage for nearly two decades! If your home is in need of water damage repair or restoration, give us a call at 1-800-847-0114 or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RestorePro911. Our trained professionals are prepared to help you and your family save your home and your peace of mind!