A fire is one of the most frightening events that can happen if you are a property owner. When your home or business catches fire, you might not know what to do after the fire department leaves. At RestorePro Inc, we have been in business since 1997. Our highly trained and experienced team is here to walk you through the fire damage restoration process, from the initial contact with your insurance company to the finishing touches.
The fire damage restoration process begins with the first phone call. No matter what time of day you call, we get started developing your restoration plan. It all starts with your emergency call to us.
- First Contact – When you make that first phone call, our representative will ask you questions about your fire and your property. This helps us to understand the equipment and services that you are most likely to need. We want to make sure that we send out the best team for your project.
- Inspection and Planning – Technicians will carefully inspect your home to determine the types of soot present and the extent of the damage. They will assess the condition of your home and possessions to begin deciding what will be replaced and what can be cleaned and repaired.
- Securing the Property – Damaged property is vulnerable to the elements as well as to intruders both human and animal. We will cover damaged roofs and board up windows, doors, and walls as needed. We might bring in temporary fencing to keep the curious at a safe distance.
- Water Removal – After a fire, there is often a lot of water and extinguisher residue left behind. If left to sit, it will lead to further damage and even mold. We may use pumps, vacuums, fans, and other equipment to dry out the property depending on the amount of water involved.
- Trash Removal – Materials that are too damaged to repair will be removed for disposal.
- Soot and Smoke Residue Cleaning – Different types of soot – oily, wet, or dry – require different cleaning techniques. Our crew cleans walls, ceilings, windows, and other surfaces.
- Sanitizing and Cleaning – We use different cleaning methods and equipment to clean your home and your possessions. Industrial air scrubbers and foggers are used to remove any lingering odors.
- Full Restoration – The final step leaves your home in its pre-event condition. It can be as simple as a fresh coat of paint and some new carpet or as complex as a complete re-build of large areas of the structure.
While every fire is different, the restoration process is generally predictable. Understanding the basic steps can make it less stressful for you. In addition, our experienced team can help walk you through the insurance claims process to make sure that all of your questions and concerns are addressed. We have years of experience in the industry, and we know how the claims process works.
Hopefully, you won’t ever experience a disaster. However, if you do have a fire on your property, call RestorePro Inc at 781-664-9800. Our representatives are available 24 hours a day to help you get started on the road to recovery.