Water damage can be quite costly. When you have major water damage, there is more to repairing your property than just removing the water and drying it out. There is a good chance that some of the materials on your property will need to be replaced or repaired. Most items that are porous, mattresses, particle board, drywall and similar items will need to be replaced if they came into contact with water. Bacteria can set up in these types of materials, even when completely dried out.
Typical costs to a professional service can include:
- Costs for labor
- Setup time, hourly wages, cleanup and removal time, worksite preparation
- Costs for materials
- Delivery of materials
- Actual material costs plus sales tax
- Paint, drywall, brick, wood, flooring, insulations, plumbing, electrical, any other materials needed
- Removal of damaged materials
- Testing and Remediation of hazardous materials
- Permits and inspection fees
How much damage and what type of water caused the damage will decide on how much of these costs you will need to pay. There are three different types of water damage and each one has different costs to clean up after.
- Clean water usually comes from rainwater or other sources that are not contaminated such as ice makers and bathroom sinks.
- Gray water is water that is not clean but not hazardous either. It typically comes from drains like a dishwasher, washing machine or bathtubs.
- Black water can be very dangerous as it usually comes from raw sewage lines, floodwaters or overflowing toilets. It can contain hazardous material and bacteria. It is the most expensive to clean as almost everything it touches will need to be replaced or thoroughly cleaned and sanitized.
Because of the different types of damage that can be caused, it is important for your safety to call in the professionals. At Restore Pro, we are trained and certified in assessing all kinds of damage caused by each type of water. We have the proper equipment and knowledge to use it.
We offer a wide range of services to help restore your property back to its ‘pre water damage’ state, even for complicated and emergency situations. Some of those services include water extraction, damage items removal, odor control, wall and flooring repair sanitization of affected areas, structure drying, and mold remediation
When you call us, we will discuss your situation to learn what type of damage you have. We will then immediately send someone out to assess the property and give you an estimate on what it will cost. Our estimates are usually accurate as we have years of experience dealing with water damage restoration.
Give us a call at 1-800-847-0114 to get started on your property’s repairs. We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week so it is never too late to call. We have been serving the area since 1997 and are certified by the IICRC. Our rating at the BBB is A+ and A at Angie’s List.