What causes water damage and how can it be treated? It can happen for a number of reasons, including plumbing issues such as broken or burst pipes, an overflowing washing machine, clogged toilets, leaking roofs, foundation cracks and so much more. Very quickly what seems like a manageable issue can become a force to be reckoned with, but luckily for you the professionals at RestorePro can help!
Our goal is to help you reclaim your home and therefore your peacefulness as quickly as possible. We have an experienced team of highly trained and caring professionals that are here to take care of you and your family.
We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with technicians on-call who are ready to be on-site quickly. With our rapid response time we can help alleviate water damage and restore your property. Our call staff is ready to give you personal and professional attention to help work through what is often times a trying situation.
While water damage can be different depending on the circumstances, it is still beneficial to categorize water damage into one of three broad categories. This basic categorization allows our trained professionals to determine the best mitigation methods for your particular situation.
- The first category is often referred to as clean water or white water. It is often fresh water that is normally pumped through your home for use in the kitchen, bathroom, etc. The main causes of this type of water damage come from overflowing sinks or tubs, dishwasher or washing machine malfunctions, damaged faucets, or even broken water supply lines. It is harmless, though if left untreated for 48 hours or more it can turn into gray water.
- The second category is referred to as gray water. This type of water comes from sink or bathroom wastewater that has not come into contact with human waste. Damage is usually caused when an appliance such as a washing machine malfunction. Gray water typically contains a high level of contaminants and therefore can be hazardous to your health. If you leave gray water standing for too long bacteria and mold will begin to rapidly multiply and turn it into the black water.
- The third category is called black water. It is just as its name suggests: dark, and contaminated. The main source of this type of water comes from sewage. It usually occurs during floods as a result of broken sewer lines and the sweeping up of various chemicals and other debris. It can carry disease-causing organisms as well as toxins, therefore making it highly hazardous to your health.
Water damage comes in a variety of combinations therefore we offer comprehensive treatment plans that can handle projects of all capacities.
RestorePro Water Mitigation Services:
- Water Damage Repair
- Flood Restoration
- Structural Dehumidification
- Content Drying
- Content Cleaning
- Rug Cleaning
- Mold Remediation
- Sewage Remediation
- Odor Removal
- Stain Removal
- Water Damage Restoration
- Water Extraction
- Structural Drying
- Floor Drying (wood, carpet, and vinyl)
- Carpet Cleaning
- Upholstery Cleaning
- Mold Inspection
- Sewage Clean-Up
Give us a call 24/7 at 1-800-847-0114 if water is threatening to harm your property. The professionals at RestorePro are standing by! Visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RestorePro911