A sewage spill or sewage backup in your business poses numerous health risks. It is important that you work with a professional sewage clean-up team to help you restore your business and sanitize the area that has been affected.
If you currently have sewage in your business, you may be unsure of where to turn or how to even protect your business at this point. Below, we will provide you with some useful tips to help you start the clean-up and recovery process.
- You want to make sure that you do not allow any of your employees or their family members to go near the sewage. Some of your employees will want to recover their personal items, but it is not a good idea to allow them to walk into the building, especially since sewage is full of harmful bacteria and toxins. You need to explain to your staff that they will be able to recover their personal belongings AFTER the sewage has been removed and after the sewage clean-up team has given the okay to enter into the building.
- You do NOT want to keep any items that have raw sewage on them. While you may be upset that some of your business equipment is ruined, it is not healthy or safe to keep them around. In many instances, your insurance company will cover the loss of the items so you do not have to stress yourself or worry about how you will replace all of the items.
- Whenever you enter into your business, you want to make sure that you wear protective gear to prevent any of the sewage from getting on you. If any of your employees need to enter the business, you need to make sure that they are fully protected in safety gear, so that they do not accidentally come into contact with sewage as this can make them sick.
- When it comes to your flooring, you want to make sure that you wash down all hard surfaces such as tile, wood, and concrete with a mild detergent and water. If you have carpet in your business, you need to have it removed, as it will hold on to the sewage and smell.
- You do need to make sure that you watch out for mold growth as it can occur quickly and easily. You do not want mold to form in your business, as this will lead to more problems and can cause your employees to become sick.
Contact Restore Pro Today for a FREE Quote
Restore Pro is dedicated to making sure that your business is safe and that all sewage is cleaned up. We know how hard it is to rebuild your business after any type of disaster and we are here to help.
If you are in need of a FREE quote, contact Restore Pro today at 1-800-847-0114 or you can visit us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RestorePro911.