We have long since known that breathing in toxic, air-borne molecules, like those associated with mold spores are detrimental to our health. And, while most mold merely affects people with mold allergies, toxic black mold affects everyone to some degree. Whether or not you have mold, there are still a number of toxins found in the air we breathe.
The good news is that there are many indoor plants readily available that can help purify the air and lessen the harmful molecules within our home. Even better, this time of year, many plants are on sale as the growing season comes to a close.
Below you’ll find a list of plants that clean the air we breathe and look good while doing it. Venture out to your local nursery, and as the outdoor foliage begins to grow dormant, you can bring a beautiful array of greenery into your home.
- Dracaena – available in various colors and sizes, this plant removes benzene which can irritate the eyes and skin. Benzene is commonly found in plastics, lubricants, and synthetic fibers.
- English Ivy – this plant thrives in low light and works to remove mold allergens as well as pet smells from your home.
- Rubber Plant – great for sunny, humid spots in your home and helps to achieve a tropical feel. It works to remove formaldehyde in the air which is known to cause nose, eye, and throat irritation.
- Peace Lily – this plant’s beautiful white flowers add variation to your indoor nursery. It filters out one fourth of all airborne toxins in your home every day.
- Snake Plant – a high producer of oxygen, this plant removes formaldehyde and benzene from the air. It needs minimal light and can be placed anywhere in your home.
In addition to these plants, you can look into aloe plants, areca palms, and bamboo palms. The different shades of greens and yellows scattered throughout your home helps purify the air and create a natural look and feel that brightens up any room.
If your mold issues go beyond the normal levels that circulate in our environment, it may be time to give us a call. At Restore Pro, we are experts in mold remediation. We work to discover the source of the problem and make repairs to guarantee reoccurrence. Once the problem is fixed, we’ll restore, clean, and sanitize the area to ensure the mold does not continue to spread.
A healthy home can be achieved through proper cleaning techniques, a sprinkle of nature with air-purifying plants, and close attention to areas prone to water damage. If you think mold is causing you and your family ill effects, then just give us a call. Our Mold Remediation team is available at 1-800-847-0114. You can learn more about our home emergency services and solutions at https://www.facebook.com/RestorePro911.