Mold may seem innocuous, but it can carry with it real dangers to your health as well as your family’s. If water lingers in your home causing damage it can grow mold and mildew that can exacerbate allergies and asthma and in some cases be the cause of a premature death. At RestorePro our experts are trained to thoroughly inspect (including between walls where mold can hide) and dry your home after it has suffered water damage. Read on to find out more about the hidden dangers of mold growth and how it can be prevented.
Simply living in a home full of mold and mildew can lead to a host of health issues that can in some cases eventually lead to poisoning and death. There are over 50 molds that are considered problematic including a strain called Black Mold. The first part is that mold can grow behind walls without you even knowing it and even molds that have long since died can cause a lot of health issues such as asthma attacks and even pneumonia which is why it is a good idea to call an expert like RestorePro to help you completely eradicate any water and water damage before it has a chance to grow.
Testing For Mold
If you know that your home has suffered some water damage and suspect there may be mold growth there are ways you can test to see if there is any in your home. There are many at-home tests available at various retailers such as hardware stores and on the internet, but it is best to call a professional like RestorePro. Only a professional has the most state of the art equipment and training to detect even the most hidden of molds growths.
At RestorePro we recommend there are a few steps you can take to ensure a mold free home. Make sure you follow all instructions with the products you use and wear a mask if you are sensitive to any of the chemicals.
- Use a dehumidifier in damp areas of your home and change out the water frequently and disinfect to prevent mold growth.
- Regularly clean your home with a mixture of hot soapy water and bleach.
- Dry and/or replace water damaged areas within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
- Check attics, basements, closets, bathrooms, dirty clothes, hampers, garbage cans, and toys for mold or mildew growth.
- Improve air circulation in dark or damp areas.
- Clean the refrigerator often.
- Clean the lint filter in the dryer often.
- Clean and replace air conditioner filters periodically.
We have been helping homes suffering from water damage for nearly two decades! If your home is in need of water damage repair or restoration give us a call at 1-800-847-0114 or check us out on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RestorePro911. Our trained professionals are prepared to help you and your family save your home and your peace of mind!