From all of us at Restore Pro, we wish you a happy 4th of July! Due to the nature of our business, we want to take a moment to share some important safety tips for handling fireworks. We’ve seen the damage one small ember can cause and want to help you avoid a disaster which would prevent you and your family from celebrating our National Holiday.
Fireworks are one of traditions that we associate with this holiday. The resonating booms and spectacular displays are both inspiring and fun. The day commemorates the day the United States officially became an independent nation with the adoption of the Declaration of Independence. Yet, amidst the celebration and fun, safety can be overlooked at times. Please take a moment to read through our list of precautions so you can enjoy a trouble-free day where fireworks are involved.
- Obey the local laws of your city pertaining to fireworks.
- Wear safety glasses and have a pair of heat/flame resistant gloves on hand.
- Have 2 buckets of water; one for spent fireworks, and another for potential fires.
- Have a hose nearby.
- Soak all duds overnight…never reignite a dud.
- Read every label/direction on each firework.
- Avoid miscommunication and chaos by designating one person to light the fireworks.
- Avoid alcohol and stay sober when lighting fireworks.
- Place all used fireworks in water overnight and away from flammable material. Throw away the next day in a metal garbage can placed away from the house.
- Keep small children away from the fireworks and supervise any older children.
Make sure your 4th of July holiday is memorable for all the right reasons. If, however, you do experience a fire, give our Fire Damage Restoration team a call. We respond to your fire and water damage emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
With proper care and attention, along with practiced safety guidelines, you and your family will be able to enjoy the holiday gatherings and avoid a devastating fire.
Here’s wishing you a happy Independence Day from our family to yours. If you need to reach us to restore your home from fire or water damage, call us at 1-800-847-0114 so we can help right away with your Fire Damage Restoration needs. The faster the problem is addressed, the quicker you minimize additional damage from the aftereffects of a fire. Visit our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/RestorePro911 to learn more about us.
Happy 4th of July from Restore Pro!