Are you facing a water damage emergency at your home or business?
If water damage isn’t taken care of correctly it can lead to bigger problems. Structural parts of the home like walls and ceilings can collapse if they become waterlogged. Mold and mildew can grow if areas are not thoroughly dried. If you don’t want to face these much bigger problems, then call RestorePro at 781-664-9800 to solve your water damage issues right away.
We are available 24 Hours a Day 7 Days a Week
So what should you do when you discover water coming into your property?
- First call RestorePro at 781-664-9800 and tell our staff what has happened.
- DO remove excess water if possible. Immediate mopping and blotting can help prevent more serious damage.
- DO remove valuable and vulnerable items like papers, artwork, clothing, and electronics if you can do so safely.
- DO wipe down wood furniture. Quick drying helps reduce warping and wicking of water.
- DO prop cushions and wet upholstered items to facilitate drying. Watch for bleeding of color onto other materials.
- DO place aluminum foil or plates under furniture legs to prevent staining the floor and water wicking up into the wood.
- DO turn on air conditioning and open windows if you can do so safely. This can help speed up the drying process.
- DO open drawers and cabinet drawers to allow air circulation.
What should you not do?
- DO NOT leave wet fabrics in place. Hang them to dry as soon as possible. Items like furs and leathers should be kept separate.
- DO NOT use a household vacuum to remove water. You risk electric shock and serious injury, in addition to possibly damaging the vacuum.
- DO NOT use televisions or other electronics in rooms with wet floors or walls.
- DO NOT turn on lights or ceiling fans in rooms with wet ceilings.
- DO NOT enter rooms with wet or sagging ceilings or walls. They could collapse and injure anyone nearby.
When you call us at RestorePro Inc, the first thing that we will do is ask questions. We want to determine what kind of water is present in your home, as well as how much damage there might be and what kind of work it may take to restore your property. The goal is to make sure that we get started right away with the right team and equipment to avoid unnecessary delays.